- In the Activities workspace of the SmartDeploy Console, click Reimage Devices, and then click Create Media.
- On the Welcome to the Media Wizard page, click Next.
- Select Boot media or Offline deployment media, and then click Next.
Note: If you intend to access your image, Platform Packs, and Application Packs through the network as specified in your answer file, select Boot media. If you want to deploy to a device without network access, select Offline deployment media.
- If you are creating offline deployment media, click Browse to browse to and select your image (.wim) file, click Open, and then click Next.
Note: This image will be copied to the USB drive.
- Select the Platform Packs for any model and OS to which you plan to deploy, and then click Next.
Note: By default, all Platform Packs will be selected on this page. It's important to keep selected the Platform Pack for any model that you may deploy to.
- For Custom answer file, click Browse to browse to and select the answer file that you previously created.
Note: The location of the image set in your answer file will be updated automatically if you are creating offline deployment media.
- For Optional files, click Browse to browse to and select a folder that contains the files that you want copied to your USB drive.
Note: The files that you select will appear in the z folder on the USB drive.
- In Optional SmartPE Password, specify a password to prevent SmartDeploy from starting and deploying an image by an unauthorized user.
- Click Next.
- If you are creating offline deployment media, select any Application Packs that you've downloaded or created, click the right arrow to include them in the deployment, click Next, and then click Yes to confirm.
- Note: If you want to explore deployment including Application Packs, please see the Application Packs section of our User's Guide.
- Select USB, and then use the drop-down menu to select the USB device that you want to use.
Note: This device may be formatted.
- Under Configuration, use the drop-down menu to select the architecture and format that you want to configure the media with, and then click Next.
Note: The recommended configuration is SmartPE (64-bit) [UEFI/Legacy boot, FAT32 media].
- Click Finish to complete the Media Wizard and create the boot media.
- After the Media Wizard finishes, insert a new USB drive and click Yes to create additional media, or click No and then OK to close the Media Wizard.
Next: Start a USB Deployment