For a detailed walkthrough of how to integrate SmartDeploy with Windows Deployment Services (WDS), please see our article for Integrating SmartDeploy with Windows Deployment Services.
Create WDS Boot Media
- In the Activities workspace of the SmartDeploy Console, click Reimage Devices, and then click Create Media.
- On the Welcome to the Media Wizard page, click Next.
- Select WDS boot media, and then click Next.
- Select the Platform Packs for any model and OS to which you plan to deploy, and then click Next.
Note: By default, all Platform Packs will be selected on the Platform Pack page. It's important to leave selected the Platform Pack for any model that you may deploy to.
- Under Custom answer file, click Browse to browse to and select the answer file that you previously created.
- In Optional SmartPE Password, specify a password to prevent SmartDeploy from starting and deploying an image by an unauthorized user, and then click Next.
- On the Media Type page, select the preferred architecture for the boot image, and then click Next.
- On the Save Options page, click Browse, chose a name and location for your SmartDeploy WDS boot image, click Save, and then click Next.
- Click Finish to create the boot image.
- After the boot image is successfully created, click OK to close the Media Wizard.