To include the SmartDeploy Client installation as part of deployment, configure the client option in the advanced settings of the Answer File Wizard. These steps detail the client settings specifically. If you want more information about the answer file or a detailed walkthrough of the Answer File Wizard, please see the Answer Files section of the User's Guide.
Configure the Client Option in the Advanced Settings of the Answer File Wizard
- From the Activities workspace of the SmartDeploy Console, click Reimage Devices, and then click Create Answer File.
Note: Alternately, in the Answer Files workspace, right-click an existing answer file, and then click Edit.
- Click Advanced to review additional answer file settings.
Note: We recommended that you configure all answer files to install the SmartDeploy Client. This will allow you to perform additional deployments to clients over the network/cloud via the SmartDeploy Console.
- On the Client tab, click the Install SmartDeploy Client during deployment check box, and then type the SmartDeploy Console host name or IP address.
- (Optional) Click the Enable SmartDeploy CloudBroker check box to enable deployments via the cloud.
Note: Please see our Cloud Deployments section for more information.
- Adjust any other settings as needed, and then click OK to close the Advanced Options window.
- On the Welcome page, click Next, and step through the Answer File Wizard until you are prompted to save your changes.
Note: If you make changes to an existing answer file, re-create your boot media by using the updated answer file so that the changes are applied to deployments.