To include the SmartDeploy Client installation as part of deployment, configure the client option in the advanced settings of the Answer File Wizard. These steps detail the client settings specifically. If you want more information about the answer file or a detailed walkthrough of the Answer File Wizard, please see the Answer Files section of the User's Guide.
Configure the Client Option in the Advanced Settings of the Answer File Wizard
- From the Activities workspace of the SmartDeploy Console, click Reimage Devices, and then click Create Answer File.
Note: Alternately, in the Answer Files workspace, right-click an existing answer file, and then click Edit.
- Click Next to review additional answer file settings.
Note: We recommended that you configure all answer files to install the SmartDeploy Client. This will allow you to perform additional deployments to clients over the network/cloud via the SmartDeploy Console.
- On the Welcome page, click Next, and step through the Answer File Wizard until you reach the Install Client page.
- Check the box for Install SmartDeploy Client and then provide the hostname of your SmartDeploy console host.
Note: It is recommended to use the non-fqdn hostname. If you intend to perform cloud deployments, this hostname does not have to be externally accessible by clients on outside networks/internet.
- Continue through the Answer File wizard and save your Answer File.
Note: If you make changes to an existing answer file, re-create your boot media by using the updated answer file so that the changes are applied to deployments.