If the SmartDeploy client cannot reach the SmartDeploy Console host via the local network after approximately 5 minutes, it will automatically switch to use the Cloud Broker service.
If you would instead prefer to force a client to use the Cloud Broker service by default, you can create a new SmartDeploy Client Installation Package that's configured to force a cloud connection.
If you would like to change the configuration of a SmartDeploy Client installation without re-installing the SmartDeploy Client, you can do the following;
- Open the Services.msc tool and stop the SmartDeploy Client Service.
- Open Notepad as Administrator and browse to and open C:\Program Files\SmartDeploy\ClientService\ClientConfig.json.
- Change the "ConnectionType" value to 2.
- Save and close ClientConfig.json.
- Start the SmartDeploy Client Service.
After the change has taken effect, you will see the Connection Type change from Local to Cloud.