The SmartDeploy Client is a lightweight agent that can be installed manually or as part of deployment. This article describes how to create an MSI package for installing the client manually or by using Group Policy or scripting.
Create a SmartDeploy Client Installation Package
- In the Activities workspace of the SmartDeploy Console, click Add Devices, and then click Generate Client Installer.
- In Console Server Name or IP Address, type the host name or IP address of your SmartDeploy Console Host.
Note: We recommend that you use the host name of your SmartDeploy Console Host rather than the IP address if you intend to install this client that may need to use a cloud connection type.
- Click Browse, browse to a location to save the SDEClientSetup.msi file, click Save, and then click OK.
Optional: You can check the box for Cloud Only Connection to force clients to use the Cloud to connect to your console, regardless of being on the same local network, or connected to the network via VPN.
- After the Client Installer is successfully created, click OK.
Install the Client Manually
- Browse to the location where the SDEClientSetup.msi file was saved when it was created by using the SmartDeploy Console.
- Double-click the SDEClientSetup.msi file.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- Click I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
- Confirm that the SmartDeploy Server Host Name is correct, and then click Next.
- Click Install to complete the installation.
- If you are prompted for confirmation by User Account Control, click Yes.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
(Optional) Install the Client by Using a Command Line or Script
- Use the following command:
msiexec.exe /i SDEClientSetup.msi /quiet