Follow these steps to deploy a Platform Pack over the network from the SmartDeploy Console.
Note: It's possible that a driver update may initiate a restart of the target device, with or without a prompt to the user. It's important to communicate to your end users that you intend to update drivers if it's possible that they'll be using the target device.
Start the Driver Deployment
- In the Computer Management workspace of the SmartDeploy Console, identify one or more computers that you want to deploy updated drivers to. If a downloaded Platform Pack is a newer version than the one that a device was last deployed with, an icon is displayed next to the device to indicate that updated drivers are available.
Note: Clients that appear in the Computer Management workspace in gray or faded text indicate that the device is off or there's another issue preventing a full connection between the console host and client. Deployments won't work when clients are in this state. Please see the Advanced Configuration and Troubleshooting section for more information.
- Click to select the client(s) that you want to deploy to, and then click Update Drivers.
- (Optional) If you want to allow the user of the targeted device to delay the driver update, click the Allow User To Defer Driver Update check box.
- (Optional) If you want the update to occur at a specific time, click the Schedule Deployment check box, and then select a date and time.
- Click OK, and then click OK to confirm the driver update.
- When the driver update starts, the icon next to the computer will change.