Note: A console-initiated deployment requires a network Deployment Package. If you haven't already created one, see the Create a Deployment Package article in the Boot Media section of the User's Guide.
Start the Console-Initiated Deployment
- In the Computer Management workspace in the SmartDeploy Console, identify one or more computers that you want to deploy your image to.
Note: Clients that appear in the Computer Management workspace in gray or faded text indicate that the device is off or there's another issue preventing a full connection between the console host and client. Deployments won't work when clients are in this state. Please see the Advanced Configuration and Troubleshooting section for more information.
- Click to select the client(s) that you want to deploy to, and then click Deploy Image.
Note: You can use Control or Shift to select multiple clients.
- In Deployment Package, select the Deployment Package that you want to use for this deployment.
- Review the Deployment Package information, and adjust the optional settings as needed.
Note: The version of the SmartDeploy Client and the version of the SmartDeploy Console in which the Deployment Package was created must match. You'll receive a warning if they don't match.
- Click OK to start deployment, and then click OK when you are prompted to confirm.
- When the deployment starts, a blue arrow icon is displayed next to the client(s).