There are two methods by which you can force Windows activation upon the first boot into Windows after deployment.
Option 1: Add the Tasks to Activate Windows to Your Answer File
- Switch to the Answer Files workspace of the SmartDeploy Console.
- Create or edit an existing answer file, and then click Advanced.
- Click the Tasks tab, and then click Add.
- In the Phase menu, click First boot as system.
- In the Command line field, type cscript.exe "c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs /ato”.
- Click OK to add the task, and then click OK to close the Advanced settings window.
- Proceed through the Answer File Wizard and save the answer file.
- Re-create any boot media that you want to use with this answer file.
Option 2: Download the Script - Activate Windows Application Pack
- Switch to the Application Packs workspace of the SmartDeploy Console.
- Click the plus (+) icon, and then click Download an Application Pack.
- In the Search field, type activate.
- Select the Script - Activate Windows Application Pack, and then click Download.
- Click Close to close the Download window.
- (Optional) Create or edit an existing answer file and include this pack in the install list on the Application Packs page of the Answer File Wizard. Re-create any boot media that you want to use with this answer file.