Decommissioning is a process for the reallocation of SmartDeploy licenses. Reallocating licenses is a benefit of a SmartDeploy Services and Support Subscription that allows SmartDeploy customers to transfer licenses from machines that are no longer in use to ones that are in use.
There are some important considerations when decommissioning a machine:
- Decommissioning a machine means the device is no longer in use by your organization. This means that the device is being recycled, returned, or donated or that it will otherwise no longer be accessible.
- If a decommissioned machine is reimaged with SmartDeploy, its status changes to recommissioned, and it uses a license. A recommissioned status means there was an attempt to reallocate a license but the machine is still in use. If an excessive number of licenses become recommissioned, the account may be suspended.
- Decommissioning only applies to perpetual licenses, not per-deployment licenses, and it is only available for customers with a current SmartDeploy Services and Support Subscription.
To proceed with your decommissioning request, follow these steps:
- Visit www.smartdeploy.com/signin/ and sign in.
- In the bottom left corner of the page, click License Report, and you will be redirected to the licensing portal.
- Click Reallocate Licenses.
- Select the machines that you want to decommission.
- Review the Decommission List below your report.
- Click Decommission to proceed.
- You will be prompted to read and accept the terms and verify your request. A confirmation email will be sent when the process is complete.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.