There are multiple ways to deploy your image by using SmartDeploy. The type of boot media that you created with the Media Wizard will determine which deployment method you'll use.
If you created boot media, you'll load an image over a network to the target device or integrate with Windows Deployment Services (WDS) for PXE boot.
If you created offline deployment media, this creates a complete Deployment Package. This gives you flexibility in distributing images to computers regardless of location or connection type.
If you created a Deployment Package, follow the instructions for network deployment.
Make sure that you've got the following things set before you start your deployment:
- You've captured your image, and the WIM file is accessible via a local disk or network share.
- You've created your answer file.
- You've created your boot media, according to your preferred method of deployment:
- Booting from USB: Boot media or offline deployment media
- PXE booting from network by using WDS: WDS media
- Remote-initiated deployment from the console: Deployment Package
Note: This method requires that the SmartDeploy Client e installed on the target PC.
After that, you're ready to deploy.