When troubleshooting SmartDeploy issues, you may be asked to collect logs by the Support Team. This feature of SmartDeploy will make copies of various files, relating to SmartDeploy specifically, as well as Windows, and then add them to a new zip file that you can use to troubleshoot yourself, or send to the Support Team for assistance.
To capture logs;
- Boot your device to the SmartDeploy pre-installation environment (SmartPE) using your USB Media created in your SmartDeploy console.
- If your media was created with an unattended answer file, you'll need to click Cancel to stop the unattended deployment count-down.
- Once at the SmartDeploy main menu, click Collect Logs.
- In the File name field, type the network path to a file share that you have access too in front of the pre-generated name and click save.
Note: You can change the name of the zip file if you prefer.
- In the pop-up command window, type your username in the domain\username format and press Tab.
- in the Password field type your account password and then press Tab twice.
- With Ok selected, press Enter.
- Allow a few moments for the log collection process to complete, and you will be returned to the main menu.
Now you may review the logs yourself, or include them with your support request.