- Log onto your Reference VM as normal.
- Set the default applications as you prefer using the Settings menu.
- Create a temporary folder, e.g. C:\Temp
- Open a Command Prompt, as Administrator.
- Run the following Command:
Dism /Online /Export-DefaultAppAssociations:C:\Temp\AppAssoc.xml
- Shutdown your Reference VM, and capture your image as you normally would.
- Create or Edit an Answer File, and click Advanced Settings.
- On the Tasks tab, click Add.
- Toggle the Phase drop-down menu and select First boot as system.
- In the Command line field, type the following command;
Dism /Online /Import-DefaultAppAssociations:C:\Temp\AppAssoc.xml
- Click OK.
- Adjust any other settings as needed and click OK to close the Advanced Settings window.
- Click Next to step through the Answer File Wizard to apply or change any other Answer File settings.
- Click Finish and save the Answer File.
- Create new Boot Media with your new Answer File, and deploy your image.
Note: Due to sysprep, the default applications set will not apply to any existing user account profiles on the Reference VM after deployment is complete. Log onto the device with a new domain account, or create a new local user account to confirm that the default applications were set correctly.