Follow this step-by-step guide to learn how to rename computers in the Computer Management workspace of the SmartDeploy Console.
- In the Computer Management workspace, select the target client computer and then click the Rename Computer action.
- In the Rename Computer window, complete the following:
- In the New Computer Name box, enter a name.
- In the Username box, enter your SmartDeploy username.
- In the Password box, enter your SmartDeploy password.
- Optional: Select the Allow User To Defer Command checkbox to delay the Rename Computer action.
- Click OK to display confirmation, then click OK to confirm.
Note: In the All Computers workspace, point to the icon next to the computer to verify the status of the Rename Computer command (for example Command Scheduled).