Follow this step-by-step guide to learn how to join a client computer to your domain in the Computer Management workspace of the SmartDeploy Console.
In the Computer Management workspace, select the target client computer and then click the Join Domain action.
- In the Join Domain window, complete the following:
- In the New Domain Name box, enter a domain name.
- Optional: Do not specify the Active Directory default Computers in the New Organizational Unit (OU) field. You may specify a custom OU if required.
- In the Username box, enter your username.
- In the Password box, enter your password.
- Optional: Select the Allow User To Defer Command checkbox to delay the Join Domain action.
- Click OK to display the confirmation, then click OK to confirm.
Note: In the All Computers workspace, point to the icon next to the computer to verify the status of the Join Domain command (for example Command Scheduled).