You can add files for your image WIM file without having to recapture the image by using the SmartWIM command-line tool in the Tools workspace of the SmartDeploy Console to mount and browse the files and folders.
- Copy your image WIM file to your SmartDeploy Console host if it is not already there, and make note of this path for use later.
- Open the SmartDeploy Console, and switch to the Tools workspace.
- Click the CMD Prompt tile.
- Create a new folder to mount your image into, by using the mkdir command:
- Use the smartwim /info command to determine which index in your WIM file contains the Windows file system:
smartwim /info D:\Images\Windows10(x64)1909.wim
- Use the smartwim /mount command to mount your image:
smartwim /mount D:\Images\Windows10(x64)1909.wim 2 D:\Mount
- You can now use File Explorer to browse the Windows file system of your image at the folder that you specified in the previous step.
- Once you’ve finished adding or changing files on your image, you can unmount the image, committing changes with the smartwim /unmount command: smartwim /commit /unmount D:\Mount
Note: If you wish to unmount your image, discarding all changes, you can omit the /commit switch of the command.