To deploy Microsoft Office 2019 by using SmartDeploy, first download the Office Deployment Tool to download the Office 2019 installation files, and then create your setup configuration file. Documentation and links for this tool are on Microsoft's website: Deploy Office 2019 (for IT Pros) - Deploy Office | Microsoft Docs
Run the Office Deployment Tool to extract Setup.exe
- Double-click the OfficeDeploymentTool.exe file.
- Accept the EULA, and then click Continue.
- Create and select a new directory named Setup to extract the contents of the tool into.
Download the Office installation files
- Open a Command Prompt, and change the directory to the folder that contains the extracted Setup.exe and sample XML files.
- Run the command setup.exe /download configuration-Office2019Enterprise.xml
- Allow time for the download to complete.
- A folder named Office will be created next to the Setup.exe file.
- Move the three sample XML files out of the Setup folder for reference later.
Create your Application Pack
- Follow our guide for creating a new Application Pack with the following notes:
- Select the Setup folder path and the Setup.exe for the executable path.
- Leave the default details.
- Leave the Arguments field blank for now.
- Select the check box to open the new Application Pack.
- Save and open the Application Pack.
Create your Configuration.xml file
You can go to https://config.office.com/deploymentsettings to create a new configuration XML or use this sample XML for your Configuration.xml file. There are a few things to note in this sample:
- The Info and Product ID in this sample are for Standard 2019 Volume. You can change these values to match your required version of Office. The list of product IDs is available in the Microsoft Documentation for Office Deployment.
- The Source Path reflects the path that your Application Pack will be extracted to on the target machine. This path uses the title of your Application Pack, and the name of the folder that was imported during creation.
- Save your file as Configuration.xml.
<Info Description="Office Standard 2019 (64-bit)" />
<Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="PerpetualVL2019" SourcePath="C:\Windows\Temp\SD\Microsoft Office\Files\Setup\Office">
<Product ID="Standard2019Volume" PIDKEY="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX">
<Language ID="en-us" />
<Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />
Import your Configuration.XML and add your setup arguments
- Return to your open Microsoft Application Pack.
- Expand Files, right-click Setup, and then click Add Files.
- Browse to your Configuration.xml file, and click Open.
- Expand Tasks, and select Run Command.
- In the Arguments field, type /configure "[ApplicationsFolder]\Microsoft Office\Files\Setup\Configuration.xml"
- Click File > Save, and then close Application Manager.
You've completed the creation of your Office 2019 Application Pack and are ready to test deployment.