Yes you can. If you installed the SmartDeploy Client without the ”Cloud Only” option enabled, the connection type value will be set to 1. We can change this to 2, and force the client to use the cloud service to connect to the console. You can follow these steps to change a client manually, or download the attached script to run on multiple machines.
- Log onto the target machine and open Notepad as Administrator.
- Open the ClientConfig.json file in C:\Program Files\SmartDeploy\ClientService.
- Change the “ConnectionType” value from 1 to 2.
- Save and close ClientConfig.json.
- Restart the SmartDeploy Client Service.
- Download the EditConnectionType.txt file attached to this article.
- Change the extension of EditConnectionType to .vbs.
- Copy the script to the target machine.
- Open a Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Launch the script by running the command; cscript.exe EditConnectionType.vbs